Sunday, February 9, 2014

Champion Service is in the cloud

I am pleased to announce that Champion Service has been migrated to Microsoft Azure (the cloud computing solution from Microsoft).  With this migration, the performance, readability, availability and scalability are all improved greatly.

The URL address for the service is now http://championservice.azurewebsites.net/


Thank you Mike Wood from Cerebrata and Samidip Basu, the organizer of Columbus Windows app developer Interest group.

There was a wise man 2000 years ago in Chinese History, named Xuin, (荀子,Chinese Master Zen). he once said " Moments of learning is far beyond days of thinking."    Indeed, I spent days try to figure what I need to migrate Champion Service to Azure with no luck. When last Saturday I went to Microsoft office to attend DevUnleashed Kackthon, I met Mike Wood, an expert in Microsoft Azure and Samidip, another expert in microsoft platform. I subscribed to Azure with Mike sat with me side by side. And today I spent about 2 hours to migrate the web site and 2 databases used by the site to Azure with no incidence.

Azure, I love you!


Peter Lu



No comments:

Post a Comment