Monday, December 23, 2013

Update on Spelling Champion

I have been wanting to buy  Microsoft Surface 2, since the first time I laid eye on it when I attended Microsoft "Dog Food Conference" in Columbus.

I thought I would get it during Thanksgiving shopping time. To my surprise, it was out of stock! It will be Christmas eve tomorrow. I went to Best Buy and Micro Center today to try my luck. Nop, it is still out of stock.
But according to Windows Store Apps Dev Center,  "You must install Windows App Certification Kit version 3.1" and test your app before submitting it for certification and listing in the Windows Store."
same as many store apps, Spelling Champion is targeted to be marketed in X86, X64 and ARM device markets. That meas I have to test my app in Window RT device.

Out of desperation, I got a Surface 64G from Micro Center today, From the time I got the device from the store, till now, I was glued to a few sets of screen, keyboard and mouse till now.
the good news is that I managed to upgrade the Surface form window 8 to window 8.1 and I was able to complete Windows App Certification process in surface using  Windows App Certification Kit for RT.

Spelling Champion runs fine in Surface ! and passed Windows App Certification test!

I am just one step away from submitting the app for certification and for being listed. just make the package and click the button submit!

I decided to have another day or 2 to have final UAT before submitting it. I have worked on it for 6 months, I do not mind to wait for 2 more days.  Because I believe in "Software craftsmanship" and high quality software product!

here is the link to  manifesto softwarecraftsmanship

No comments:

Post a Comment